Missed the purpose of this blog? Click HERE!

Monday, February 13, 2012

...creamy corn chowder... pg. 97

You can find this recipe HERE
I've been wanting to make this for a while, but my husband never wanted me to. He's not much of a corn guy, unless it's off the cob. Well it was the day before we were leaving out of town, And we were going to be gone for almost 10 days. I was trying to cook up things that would go bad by the time we got back. I had a huge loot of bacon. GOOD bacon. And I was NOT going to let that go to waste. So I guess the hubby didn't have a say in this one!


First of all, has anyone heard the amazing trick to fry your bacon in the oven???? Oh my gosh. I am furious to those that knew, and didn't tell me sooner. Really... thanks. But wow, I'm glad I know now! This has changed the way I think about preparing meals.

You just throw some slabs of bacon on a cookie sheet, bake at 425 for about 15 minutes. That's how long I cook it for, cause I like it on the crispier side. Just adjust to your liking.

That's it! No flipping, no splattering, no juggling three things at once while you're preparing your meal. brilliant.




Now back to the soup. It was pretty easy to throw together. And this was absolutely amazing. When my husband got home, I explained to him why I made this soup. Then he tried a bite. Then he finished his bowl, and had MORE! Ohhh this is so yummy.





HAVE TO TRY

1 comment:

Mary Kelly said...

Yum!!! I cook my bacon that way- sorry I didn't tell you about it sooner :)