Missed the purpose of this blog? Click HERE!

Friday, October 7, 2011

...fauxtisserie chicken... pg. 110

you can find the recipe here


So I have never made a whole chicken before. Scared? yes. Grossed out? yes. Okay, so I did this a few months ago. And I wish I had pictures of what I looked like when I stuck my hand into the chicken and pulled out all the guts. I was gagging... to say the least. This time I used a spoon to get rid of the insides... hence the picture. Still grossed out.


loosening the skin, and stuffing with ingredients:





In the cookbook there are different variations of ingredients you can use. I did the lemon-rosemary. but added garlic. It was so good. And now looking at how they do it on their website, they used WAY more seasoning salt than I did! Still tasted amazing! And this whole meal was SUPER easy! After the de-gutting of the chicken, you pretty much just leave it for 6 hours. Then I threw some red potatoes and carrots in a bag with olive oil, and lipton onion soup, then stuck them in the oven for 45 minutes. Such an easy, yummy meal! AND, after dinner, I took all the meat off the chicken, and stuck the remaining stuff in a pot with other ingredients and I've got myself some homemade chicken broth (which I've never done before!)! WOOHOO! So stay tuned for that one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! This made me laugh, because it was totally me. I have only made a handfull of chickens and I cannot stand reaching my hand in it. Plus the first time I cooked one, I accidently cooked it upside down.

Mary Kelly said...

I love your face in that picture, you just look like you are about to vomit. I know it will make me seem like a real big weirdo but I actually don't mind the feel of raw meat or scooping the guts out of a chicken. But that chicken does turn out so yummy. When I made it I saved the extra to make the creamy chicken taquitos.