Missed the purpose of this blog? Click HERE!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

...chicken broth...

you can find the recipe here


This isn't in the cookbook. But I wanted to do something with my leftover 'fauxtisserie' chicken I made the day before. So I went to Our Best Bites website, and found this recipe! I let it sit for a few hours though (they say just an hour). Because my mom says, "the longer it simmers, the better the taste"! I put the broth in containers, and the next day I made homemade chicken noodle soup! I didn't use a recipe for that. Just added carrots, celery, onions, leftover chicken from the day before, oh and I added a can of cream of chicken soup (to make it a little creamy!). I added the noodles about 10 minutes before serving. Paired the soup with yummy rolls, and we had our self a yummy dinner!


Can I just say how proud I am of myself for making a homemade chicken, then using that chicken to make homemade broth?! And then yummy homemade soup! Very proud.

1 comment:

Allison Hess said...

I will definitely be making this! Homemade chicken noodle soup is SO much better, but making the broth with that carcass is really intimidating to me. After seeing this I think I can do it!