Missed the purpose of this blog? Click HERE!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

...cranberry-orange chicken salad... pg.82

Chicken salad... my first thought is 'baby showers'. Seriously. I swear every baby shower I've been to serves these. I have never been a fan really. Chicken and mayonnaise?! yuck. At one shower, i finally sucked it up and ate one... quite frankly, cause I was STARVING... and I didn't want to fill up on cake. Yes, my fault in the first place. Anyhooo... It wasn't that bad. As long as I didn't think of what was in it. :) 

THIS, was delicious. The grated orange was such a perfect addition.
 I have to admit something though... I didn't add the coarse grain mustard. Okay, if you are reading this and you know me at all, you know why. For those of you who don't... I HATE mustard. I actually think it's a fear of mine. Touching a bottle of mustard, actually makes me gag. In fact, even though my husband likes it, I won't keep it in the house. Okay, you get it?! :)  let's move on...
So anyway... while shopping for ingredients for this recipe, I read "1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard". I threw up a little in my mouth, and then searched for it. Alas, I could not find it. And quite honestly, I had NO idea what I was looking for! Is it a type of deli mustard? Is it just a spice? I gave up looking.... Would it have changed the taste of the sandwich? I don't know. And I know I"m doing this challenge to try new things, I did try, I just couldn't find it. Maybe the recipes with mustard in them will be like the de-boning a duck like in the movie. :) We'll see. 
Also, as I was devouring this delicious sandwich, I realized I hadn't taken any pictures!! So that's why the bowl is almost empty!

Changes to remember: A few comments I got was that it needed more chicken. However, I had added more chicken than was called for. I will probably cut back on how much cranberries and celery I add... or just double the chicken.

1 comment:

The Jen said...

Oh my yumminess! I have a orange, curry, chicken salad recipe that I think you should try. It is delish! And yours looks delish as well : )