Missed the purpose of this blog? Click HERE!

Monday, October 24, 2011

...white chicken chili... pg. 102

You can find the recipe here



I was making dinner for a dear friend, and thought of this recipe. I have a recipe that is almost identical to this one. And I LOVE that one. I make it allll the time. So I was nervous making this one, just because I love the other one so much. But of course, this did not let down! I love the very faint taste of the lime in the soup.



The lesson I learned with this recipe... which isn't a big one, but still... I learned I can chop chicken with my food chopper! Silly, I know! But I've never done it! And sometimes when I see a recipe for chopped chicken, I cringe, cause cutting up lots of chicken takes FOREVER!! Not this time! I mean I know sometimes bigger chunks are needed... but for soup, this is awesome! And it took hardly any time!!


My daughter LOVES my mom's rolls. I swear she could smell them a mile away. Here she is going to work on them! Just helping herself! :)


You can add a whole bunch of different toppings, but I really just like it the way it is! A little shredded cheese, and I'm good to go! Try it, you'll love!



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Just a tip with the leftover soup! Make it into a quesadilla! Seriously! Tortilla, cheese, then use a slotted spoon to scoop the soup onto the quesadilla. This, I'm not kidding, is so good, if not better than the soup itself! :) In fact, that's what I'm having for lunch today!



1 comment:

Mary Kelly said...

This is a recipe I don't think I would have ever tried but if you say it is good them maybe it is worth it. Plus, I love the tip about chopping in the food processor. Duh right?! I have never done that before.