Missed the purpose of this blog? Click HERE!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

...spicy honey chicken... pg.119

You can find this recipe HERE
This is what the kitchen looks like when I keep having people come in and ask when dinner will be ready...


So I completely underestimated how long it was going to take to make this recipe, and the Thai Peanut Noodles. But then after chopping the ginger, cutting the fat off the chicken, rinsing the chicken... and getting all my ingredients together... whew, time flew, and I was starving..... and so was my family apparently! :)


Have you ever bought meat from the butcher counter before?? I have NEVER. I always thought that meat was special in some way, and waaaaay expensive. Well I was looking for boneless, skinless chicken thighs (which I've never bought before), and I couldn't find any out where all the normal people buy their meat. So I asked the butcher. He lead me to some very expensive Foster Farms chicken. And then he mentioned that he would have some at the counter. So I went over there, and to my surprise, it was HALF the price! This is going to sound so silly, but I liked it when the butcher handed my meat to me in the brown paper!




This chicken was very tasty. The glaze gave it a nice "crust", and it was just a very nice balance of spice, and sweet. On their website, they rave about their spicy honey chicken salad... i want to try that next time!

No comments: