Missed the purpose of this blog? Click HERE!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

...cheddar-broccoli soup with potatoes... pg. 95


Soup sounded good for dinner, so this is what I chose. I LOVE cheddar broccoli soup, and I consider myself kind of a snob about it. If you're a soup snob too... MAKE THIS. Usually when my husband takes a bite of something I make, he'll say, "this is fantastic!" This time, he was pretty quiet. So after a couple minutes, I asked what he thought of it. He said, "that is fetchin good!" And continued to devour the bowl. In fact, I fed this to my daughter who is almost 17 months old, and she shoveled it in her mouth so fast! First time feeding herself soup too! :)



This was really easy to throw together. I chopped the broccoli and the onion with my Pampered Chef food chopper. I didn't put a potato in the soup... Reason being, I thought we had potatoes at home... But we didn't. I definitely want to try it again with potatoes in it. Also, the recipe called for 2 cups low-fat milk. I didn't have that. We had non-fat (only 1 cup left) and 2%... so I mixed them.


So yummy, either way!

1 comment:

Darcy and Michael said...

This soup sounds so good. Where do I get the recipe?