Missed the purpose of this blog? Click HERE!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

...strawberry cheesecake bars... pg. 216

You can find the recipe here


My little sis came into town. She's been living in a hotel for the past month with her husband, while he travels for work. So she desired for a home cooked meal! Can you blame her?! Oh, you can follow her adventures here. So I picked out this from my cookbook for dessert! Well, something I learned from this recipe: read through the ENTIRE recipe AND instructions BEFORE beginning to cook! You see, I didn't do that. And at about 3 pm I started getting prepped for these bars, and then read that it needs to chill for at least 12 hours! YIKES! No time to start something different... So I hustled through the recipe and threw 'em in the freezer.


BIG MISTAKE. The texture was a little off. They were not firm like cheesecake.... But everyone enjoyed them! And you better believe I stuck them back in the FRIDGE!




My sweet daughter keeping me company while baking!


They were quite delicious once I let them cool properly! :)

2 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

That is the cutest picture of Molly! And I can not tell you how many times I have started a recipe only to realize that I did not plan enough time to finish it. When we write a cookbook (that's right, you and me!) we will be sure to mention at the beginning of a recipe if it need to planned in advance.

BRENTSJOY said...

These definitely look like something I would want to eat - and attempt to bake too I guess! Wish me luck!